Sunday 28 February 2016

What would you most like to see Anderson Rabin Wakeman play live?

Our latest poll asked what you would most like to see Anderson Rabin Wakeman play live. You (120 of you to be precise) answered:


New material: 69 votes (59%)
1980s/90s Yes music: 31 votes (26%)
1970s Yes music: 13 votes (11%)
Other: 7 votes (6%)

5 of the 'other' suggestions were for a mix of the other options, although with one person adding "NO 90s!!!"! One respondent suggested a mix of the three's solo material (Song of Seven, King Athur, and Can't Look Away, which would be interesting).

I should have emphasised the word "most" in the question: I presume we nearly all want some mix, but I was curious where people wanted the emphasis to be. And the answer is pretty clear that we want new material. Fingers crossed their new material lives up to expectations.

I was surprised that the YesWest period beat out the '70s. Do you all think Wakeman can do Kaye better than Rabin can do Howe? Or is it that the current Yes have the '70s covered fine? Let me know in the comments below...

2 comments:

  1. I don't want to hear Wakeman play Kaye's parts; I want to hear how Wakeman reinvents the keyboard lines for the 80s material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I would prefer new material + solo material and no YES but that isn't going to occur. That said great to see the demand new material rather than nostalgia, maybe this is a backlash to the nostalgia act phase the current YES seems to be pursuing or just simply a desire for new ?

    ReplyDelete